Cost: £490 (including deposit of £100)
- Course MCJN15. Jun Sat 15th, Sun 16th, Sat 22nd, Sun 23rd + Aug Sat 17th, Sun 18th
- Course MCJN17. Jun Mon 17th, Tue 18th, Wed 19th, Thu 20th + Jul Mon 22nd, Tue 23rd
- Course MCS21. Sep Sat 21st, Sun 22nd, Sat 28th, Sun 29th + Oct Sat 26th, Sun 27th
- Course MCS23 Sep Mon 23rd, Tue 24th, Wed 25th, Thu 26th + Oct Mon 28th, Tue 29th
- Course MCN2 Nov Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd, Sat 9th, Sun 10th + Dec Sat 7th, Sun 8th
- Course MCN18 Nov Mon 18th, Tue 19th, Wed 20th, Thu 21st + Dec Mon 16th, Tue 17th
Anatomy & physiology, effleurage, friction, kneading, wringing, hacking, cupping, tapotement, physiological benefits, psychological benefits, contra-indications, posture & stance, setting up in business, professionalism, patient care, salon layout, record keeping, aftercare advice, full body intuitive massage. All aspects of massage are covered, backed up throughout by written material.
Jean Pinion, Karen Dixon, Marguerite Halpin
No previous experience is necessary. Attendance at an introductory weekend prior to the course would be beneficial.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice. Home study and practice is over a minimum period of three months following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that a fee of £140.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification.
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Massage.
Membership is available to various professional bodies including the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for students in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.