Cost: £490 (including deposit of £100)
- Course MCS22. Sep Sat 22nd, Sun 23rd, Sat 29th, Sun 30th + Oct Sat 27th, Sun 28th
- Course MCS24. Sep Mon 24th, Tue 25th, Wed 26th, Thu 27th + Oct Mon 29th, Tue 30th
- Course MCN3. Nov Sat 3rd, Sun 4th, Sat 10th, Sun 11th + Dec Sat 8th, Sun 9th
- Course MCN19. Nov Mon 19th, Tue 20th, Wed 21st, Thu 22nd + Dec Mon 10th, Tue 11th
- Course MCJ26. Jan 2019 Sat 26th, Sun 27th + Feb Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd, Sat 23rd, Sun 24th
- Course MCJ28. Jan 2019 Mon 28th, Tue 29th, Wed 30th, Thu 31st + Feb Mon 25th, Tue 26th
Anatomy & physiology, effleurage, friction, kneading, wringing, hacking, cupping, tapotement, physiological benefits, psychological benefits, contra-indications, posture & stance, setting up in business, professionalism, patient care, salon layout, record keeping, aftercare advice, full body intuitive massage. All aspects of massage are covered, backed up throughout by written material.
Jean Pinion, Karen Dixon, Karen Atkinson, Gillian Proctor, Marguerite Halpin
No previous experience is necessary. Attendance at an introductory weekend prior to the course would be beneficial.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practise. Home study and practice is over a minimum period of three months following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that a fee of £130.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification.
Level 3 Diploma in Massage.
Membership is available to the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre usually has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for therapists in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.