Anatomy & physiology
Techniques for applying body massage – effleurage, friction, kneading, wringing, hacking, cupping, tapotement
Physiological benefits, psychological benefits
Contra-indications, posture & stance
Setting up in business, professionalism, patient care, salon layout, record keeping, aftercare advice, full body intuitive massage.
All aspects of massage are covered, backed up throughout by written material.
Cost: £550 (including deposit of £100)
- Course MCA10. Apr Sat 10th, Sun 11th, Sat 17th, Sun 18th + May Sat 8th, Sun 9th
- Course MCA12. Apr Mon 12th, Tue 13th, Wed 14th, Thu 15th + May Mon 10th, Tue 11th
- Course MCJN7. Jun Mon 7th, Tue 8th, Wed 9th, Thu 10th + Jul Mon 5th, Tue 6th
- Course MCJN12. Jun Sat 12th, Sun 13th, Sat 19th, Sun 20th + Jul Sat 3rd, Sun 4th
- Course MCS25. Sep Sat 25th, Sun 26th + Oct Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd, Sat 23rd, Sun 24th
- Course MCS27. Sep Mon 27th, Tue 28th, Wed 29th, Thu 30th + Oct Mon 25th, Tue 26th
- Course MCN6. Nov Sat 6th, Sun 7th, Sat 13th, Sun 14th + Dec Sat 4th, Sun 5th
- Course MCN8. Nov Mon 8th, Tue 9th, Wed 10th, Thu 11th + Dec Mon 6th, Tue 7th
Jean Pinion, Lisa Hamblin
No previous experience is necessary. Attendance at an introductory weekend prior to the course would be beneficial.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice. Home study and practice is done over a minimum period of three months and a maximum period of 1 year following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that an additional fee of £140.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification, this is to be paid in cash on the first day of the class.
VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Massage.
Membership is available to various professional bodies including the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for students in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
To secure your place you will need to pay at least the £100 deposit. The remaining balance will then be required at least 4 weeks before the beginning of the course in order to keep your place secure. You can currently only pay in full on this website so please call 0161 881 7171 if you wish to pay a deposit over the phone.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in Whalley Range, South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.