Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Details:
Cost: £490 (including deposit of £100)
- Course SJ27. Jan Sat 27th, Sun 28th + Feb Sat 3rd, Sun 4th, Sat 10th, Sun 11th, Sat 24th, Sun 25th
- Course SF5. Feb Mon 5th, Tue 6th, Wed 7th, Thu 8th + Mar Mon 5th, Tue 6th, Wed 7th, Thu 8th
- Course SA7. Apr Sat 7th, Sun 8th, Sat 14th, Sun 15th, Sat 21st, Sun 22nd + May Sat 5th, Sun 6th
- Course SA23. Apr Mon 23rd, Tue 24th, Wed 25th, Thu 26th + May Mon 21st, Tue 22nd, Wed 23rd, Thu 24th
- Course SJN16. Jun Sat 16th, Sun 17th, Sat 23rd, Sun 24th, Sat 30th + Jul Sun 1st, Sat 14th, Sun 15th
- Course SJN25. Jun Mon 25th, Tue 26th, Wed 27th, Thu 28th + Jul Mon 30th, Tue 31st + Aug Wed 1st, Thu 2nd
- Course SS22. Sep Sat 22nd, Sun 23rd, Sat 29th, Sun 30th + Oct Sat 6th, Sun 7th, Sat 27th, Sun 28th
- Course SO1. Oct Mon 1st, Tue 2nd, Wed 3rd, Thu 4th, Mon 29th, Tue 30th, Wed 31st + Nov Thu 1st
- Course SN3. Nov Sat 3rd, Sun 4th, Sat 10th, Sun 11th + Dec Sat 1st, Sun 2nd, Sat 8th, Sun 9th
- Course SN12. Nov Mon 12th, Tue 13th, Wed 14th, Thu 15th + Dec Mon 10th, Tue 11th, Wed 12th, Thu 13th
Sports massage treatment to prevent and treat sports injuries, both in and out of competition. Sports massage preparing for, and aiding recovery at sports venues. Muscle actions and joint movements related to sporting performance. Musculo-skeletal injuries. The healing process. The stages of rehabilitation. Injury prevention. Active, passive and advanced stretching techniques for conditioning and maintenance purposes. Psychological effects of injury on athletes and rehabilitation.
Previous qualification in massage is preferable. Attendance at an introductory massage weekend prior to the course is necessary if you have not had any previous massage experience. Alternatively, you may arrange private massage tuition with us prior to starting the course.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice. Home study and practice is over a minimum period of three months following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that a fee of £125.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification.
Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy. This qualification is recognised by the SMA (Sports Massage Association) and the fitness and sports therapy industries in the UK and overseas.
Membership is available to the Sports Massage Association.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
The Sports Massage diploma is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in South Manchester.
Recent Student Feedback
“Very enjoyable good to work in smaller groups”
“Gary has extensive knowledge and helped”
“Would recommend to anyone interested in this line of career”
“Although intensive it is very enjoyable the knowledge was easy to understand”
“You were made to feel part of the group, your input was listened to”
“There is a lot to get through but the handouts are clear”
“Tutor was very knowledgeable and if asked a question ensured you understood it before moving on”
“Really enjoyed the course Gary is very knowledgeable and a great tutor”
“Can’t wait to put newly learned techniques into practice”
“Tutor excellent and knows his stuff”
“Gary brilliant, above and beyond both inside and outside the classroom”
“Email handouts were very helpful as they are to hand on phone”
“Gary is an excellent tutor, very informative and helpful”
“More info and handouts than expected, great balance of practical and theory”
“Can’t say enough good things about Gary! Brilliant tutor”
“Really enjoyed the course and learned lots which will help me grow my business. I’d recommend it to anyone”
“We were given handouts, PDFs and supporting information as well as shown informative DVDs and power point slides”
“Very intense but covered everything in a lot of detail”
“Would recommend, also somebody recommended it for me to book on”
“Lots of information/handouts helpful”
“love his teaching style”
“Very helpful Very knowledgeable”