Cost: £490 (including deposit of £100)
- Course MCJ27. Jan Sat 27th, Sun 28th + Feb Sat 3rd, Sun 4th, Sat 24th, Sun 25th
- Course MCJ29. Jan Mon 29th, Tue 30th, Wed 31st + Feb Thu 1st, Mon 26th, Tue 27th
- Course MCA7. Apr Sat 7th, Sun 8th, Sat 14th, Sun 15th + May Sat 5th, Sun 6th
- Course MCA9. Apr Mon 9th, Tue 10th, Wed 11th, Thu 12th + May Mon 14th, Tue 15th
- Course MCJ16. Jun Sat 16th, Sun 17th, Sat 23rd, Sun 24th + Jul Sat 21st, Sun 22nd
- Course MCJ18. Jun Mon 18th, Tue 19th, Wed 20th, Thu 21st + Jul Mon 23rd, Tue 24th
- Course MCS22. Sep Sat 22nd, Sun 23rd, Sat 29th, Sun 30th + Oct Sat 27th, Sun 28th
- Course MCS24. Sep Mon 24th, Tue 25th, Wed 26th, Thu 27th + Oct Mon 29th, Tue 30th
- Course MCN3. Nov Sat 3rd, Sun 4th, Sat 10th, Sun 11th + Dec Sat 8th, Sun 9th
- Course MCN19. Nov Mon 19th, Tue 20th, Wed 21st, Thu 22nd + Dec Mon 10th, Tue 11th
Anatomy & physiology, effleurage, friction, kneading, wringing, hacking, cupping, tapotement, physiological benefits, psychological benefits, contra-indications, posture & stance, setting up in business, professionalism, patient care, salon layout, record keeping, aftercare advice, full body intuitive massage. All aspects of massage are covered, backed up throughout by written material.
Jean Pinion, Kerry Wallace
No previous experience is necessary. Attendance at an introductory weekend prior to the course would be beneficial.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practise. Home study and practice is over a minimum period of three months following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that a fee of £125.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification.
Level 3 Diploma in Massage.
Membership is available to the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre usually has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for therapists in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.