Cost: £490 (including deposit of £100)
- Course MCMY6. May 2017 Sat 6th, Sun 7th, Sat 13th, Sun 14th + Jul Sat 1st, Sun 2nd
- Course MCMY8. May 2017 Mon 8th, Tue 9th, Wed 10th, Thu 11th + Jun Mon 5th, Tue 6th
- Course MCJY1. Jul 2017 Sat 1st, Sun 2nd, Sat 8th, Sun 9th + Aug Sat 12th, Sun 13th
- Course MCJY3. Jul 2017 Mon 3rd, Tue 4th, Wed 5th, Thu 6th + Aug Mon 7th, Tue 8th
- Course MCS23. Sep 2017 Sat 23rd, Sun 24th, Sat 30th + Oct Sun 1st, Sat 28th, Sun 29th
- Course MCS25. Sep 2017 Mon 25th, Tue 26th, Wed 27th, Thu 28th + Oct Mon 23rd, Tue 24th
- Course MCN4. Nov 2017 Sat 4th, Sun 5th, Sat 11th, Sun 12th + Dec Sat 9th, Sun 10th
- Course MCN6. Nov 2017 Mon 6th, Tue 7th, Wed 8th, Thu 9th + Dec Mon 4th, Tue 5th
Anatomy & physiology, effleurage, friction, kneading, wringing, hacking, cupping, tapotement, physiological benefits, psychological benefits, contra-indications, posture & stance, setting up in business, professionalism, patient care, salon layout, record keeping, aftercare advice, full body intuitive massage. All aspects of massage are covered, backed up throughout by written material.
Jean Pinion, Kerry Wallace
No previous experience is necessary. Attendance at an introductory weekend prior to the course would be beneficial.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practise. Home study and practice is over a minimum period of three months following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that a fee of £125.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification.
Level 3 Diploma in Massage.
Membership is available to the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre usually has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for therapists in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.