The Diploma in Aromatherapy will confirm your competence as an aromatherapist within the complementary therapy sector. All the units in this qualification relate directly to the specific job role of an aromatherapist..
You will develop skills enabling you to blend essential oils in a tailor-made fashion for each client and provide relaxing aromatherapy massage treatments using different massage techniques.
Cost: £490 (including deposit of £100)
- Course AF10. Feb Sat 10th, Sun 11th, Sat 17th, Sun 18th + Mar Sat 3rd, Sun 4th, Sat 24th, Sun 25th
- Course AF12. Feb Mon 12th, Tue 13th, Wed 14th, Thu 15th + Mar Mon 12th, Tue 13th, Wed 14th, Thu 15th
- Course AA28. Apr Sat 28th, Sun 29th + May Sat 12th, Sun 13th, Sat 26th, Sun 27th + Jun Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd
- Course AMY7. May Mon 7th, Tue 8th, Wed 9th, Thu 10th + Jun Mon 11th, Tue 12th, Wed 13th, Thu 14th
- Course AJY7. Jul Sat 7th, Sun 8th, Sat 28th, Sun 29th + Aug Sat 4th, Sun 5th, Sat 18th, Sun 19th
- Course AJY9. Jul Mon 9th, Tue 10th, Wed 11th, Thu 12th + Aug Mon 6th, Tue 7th, Wed 8th, Thu 9th
- Course AO8. Oct Mon 8th, Tue 9th, Wed 10th, Thu 11th + Nov Mon 5th, Tue 6th, Wed 7th, Thu 8th
- Course AO13. Oct Sat 13th, Sun 14th, Sat 20th, Sun 21st + Nov Sat 24th, Sun 25th + Dec Sat 15th, Sun 16th
Study of 30 Essential Oils, Countries of Origin, Methods of Production, Physiological Effects, Psychological Effects, Effective Use of Oils, Aromatherapy Massage, Facial Treatment, Contra-indications of Oils, Contra-indications of Massage, Dangerous Oils, Dangers of Overdose, Treatment Programme, Client Comfort, Record Taking, Aftercare Advice, Stress Management
Previous qualification in holistic therapies is preferable. Attendance at an introductory massage weekend prior to the course is necessary if you have not had any previous massage experience. Alternatively, you may arrange private massage tuition with us prior to starting the course.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice. Home study and practice is over a minimum period of three months following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that a fee of £125.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification.
Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy. This is a recognised qualification that will enable you to practise and work in salons, alternative health clinics or part time from home.
Membership is available to the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre usually has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for aromatherapists in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.