The Diploma in Aromatherapy will confirm your competence as an aromatherapist within the complementary therapy sector. All the units in this qualification relate directly to the specific job role of an aromatherapist..
You will develop skills enabling you to blend essential oils in a tailor-made fashion for each client and provide relaxing aromatherapy massage treatments using different massage techniques.
Cost: £490 (including deposit of £100)
- Course AO9. Oct 2017 Mon 9th, Tue 10th, Wed 11th, Thu 12th + Nov Mon 13th, Tue 14th, Wed 15th, Thu 16th
- Course AO14. Oct 2017 Sat 14th, Sun 15th, Sat 21st, Sun 22nd + Nov Sat 25th, Sun 26th + Dec Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd
- Course AF10. Feb 2018 Sat 10th, Sun 11th, Sat 17th, Sun 18th + Mar Sat 3rd, Sun 4th, Sat 24th, Sun 25th
- Course AF12. Feb 2018 Mon 12th, Tue 13th, Wed 14th, Thu 15th + Mar Mon 12th, Tue 13th, Wed 14th, Thu 15th
- Course AA28. Apr 2018 Sat 28th, Sun 29th + May Sat 12th, Sun 13th, Sat 26th, Sun 27th + Jun Sat 2nd, Sun 3rd
- Course AA30. Apr 2018 Mon 30th + May Tue 1st, Wed 2nd, Thu 3rd + Jun Mon 4th, Tue 5th, Wed 6th, Thu 7th
Study of 30 Essential Oils, Countries of Origin, Methods of Production, Physiological Effects, Psychological Effects, Effective Use of Oils, Aromatherapy Massage, Facial Treatment, Contra-indications of Oils, Contra-indications of Massage, Dangerous Oils, Dangers of Overdose, Treatment Programme, Client Comfort, Record Taking, Aftercare Advice, Stress Management
Previous qualification in holistic therapies is preferable. Attendance at an introductory massage weekend prior to the course is necessary if you have not had any previous massage experience. Alternatively, you may arrange private massage tuition with us prior to starting the course.
Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice. Home study and practice is over a minimum period of three months following the school attendance days. A final assessment date is arranged after the home study period. Please note that a fee of £125.00 is payable for the VTCT assessment and verification.
Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy. This is a recognised qualification that will enable you to practise and work in salons, alternative health clinics or part time from home.
Membership is available to the Federation of Holistic Therapists which offers insurance and other benefits for therapists in the UK. Employment is available in clinics, spas, beauty salons and working from home. The Manchester Therapy Centre usually has part-time work available on an ongoing basis for aromatherapists in the Manchester area.
Course times are from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm depending on the group size.
The qualification is recognised in many countries outside the UK and gives a good grounding for further qualifications in complementary therapies.
The venue is at the Manchester School of Massage in South Manchester.
The group size is usually kept at eight or below for more individual attention.